BRESLOV FIRST AID

 

BRESLOV FIRST AID

USE WHATEVER WORKS BEST!

It says in Torah 8 Tinyana that we must constantly search

 for the tzaddik, even if we have already found him and know

 who he is. Practically, this means finding ways to apply his

 advice today, to help us with all the problems we’re facing

 right now.


ANGER


1. My whole ability to receive from the tzaddik depends on

 overcoming anger and replacing it with mercy and

 compassion. (Torah 18).

2. Anger and frustration are just energy. I can transform this

 energy into a positive force that will help me to overcome all

 the obstacles. (Torah 66).

3. My Evil Inclination is making me angry right now because it

 wants me to lose some money that’s coming to me. If I don’t

get angry, I’ll get this money and buy something nice with it!

 (Torah 68).


FEAR


1. “Don’be, don’t be, don’t be an elephant

That’s afraid of a mouse!”

I have incredible inner strength and can always count on

 Hashem’s help. (“Shir Naim”).

2. “The whole world is a very narrow bridge, and the main thing

 is not to scare oneself”.

All I have to do is look ahead, hold on to the rails, and make the

 next step. (Torah 48 Tinyana).

3. “When there is judgment below, there is no Judgment

 Above.”

If I regularly do heshbon hanefesh and judge all my actions, I

 won’t be facing any judgments from Above and won’t have to

 be afraid of anything. (Torah 15).


DESPAIR


This is the rule: it’s forbidden to let oneself succumb to

 despair!”

I’m going to be a good follower of the Rebbe; I’ll hold on and

 wait for the dark cloud to pass.

(Torah 78 Tinyana).


FEELINGS OF INADEQUACY


My Evil Inclination just loves to make me feel inferior and

 inadequate! But I won’t fall into its trap; I’ll look for my good

 points instead. I do mitzvos and good deeds every day, and I

 know that Hashem is very proud of them. (Torah 282).


LAZINESS AND PROCRASTINATION


Whatever it’s possible to do today – I will do without delay!

 (Torah 272).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIVING TORAH 25 , THE WAY RABBEINU WANTED

LIVING TORAH 22 - STEP BY STEP

ACHIEVING SHALOM